Blue screen... this will be interesting.

Draygoes

Fully Optimized
So I installed Win10 in Dual boot with Win7. Everything was working perfectly, including the countdown, until a few weeks ago.

It started producing a bluescreen error when the count was allowed to hit zero. If you press enter on the menu, that does not happen. My temp fix was to simply remove the countdown. But I really would like to know how and why that is happening, so that I can make it more simple to just set and walk away for Cynthia. Until then, boot takes as long as the person whom does not press enter on the correct OS.

Neither of the OS's have any problem that I have been able to find. Everything online has not helped. If you guys have any idea, I am more than greatful. Any information that you need will be given if you are willing to tell me how to give it to you.

That is all I know.
Thank you to anyone that has read this.
-Draygoes

Have you checked msconfig?
In the boot tap, there are more options to choose from than in system properties.
Maybe one of those options could fix it.

You could also increase the timer to a very high number.
That would be almost the same as making the computer wait for a user input.

Also, if it doesn't matter at all what OS is default, changing the default OS might fix it.

It's an odd issue for sure. I don't know what courses it.
But i am guessing that when it hits 0, whatever file(s) that handles the dual boot launches a line of code similar to:
"if userinput = false; start (insert non existing OS here)"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom