Need help extending hdd with Seagate Discwizard

HailHydra

Solid State Member
Ok so i want to extend my hdd which currently has 2TB and i have 1.64 TB of Unallocated space, In the Seagate DiscWizard i have clicked "Seagate Extended Capacity Manager" and have my extended Capacity turned on

How can i Allocate the space for this 1.64TB ?
i have tried to "Add New Disk" in the Disc Wizard and selecting Disk 2
i click next and a message pops up with the following

"The Destination Dynamic Hard Disk Drive you have chosen contains some dynamic volumes that could contain useful data. Click OK to confirm deletion of all the volumes on the destination hard disk drive"

I'm not sure if i should click Ok as there should be nothing on Disc 2 at all
and i don't want to risk deleting anything on my main Disc.

I'm not really familiar with Seagate Disk Wizard but I guess it's a partitioning tool.

So I'm assuming you have a 3TB hard drive, with a 2TB partition and the rest is blank/unused?

I would suggest trying another partitioning tool to expand the volume to fill the unallocated space. Easus Partition Master is a pretty good (free) one.

Bear in mind that if this is your primary hard drive and your operating system is on it, you might have trouble. special drivers may be necessary for windows to operate on a volume larger than 2 TB. And your motherboard has to support UEFI to do this.

Also, if you partition is of the MBR type, you will not be able to extend it. MBR has a max size of 2TB. The only way in this case is to either create a second volume, or erase the disk and start over with a GPT partition.

Backup everything before doing anything.

Last edited:
I'm not really familiar with Seagate Disk Wizard but I guess it's a partitioning tool.

So I'm assuming you have a 3TB hard drive, with a 2TB partition and the rest is blank/unused?

I would suggest trying another partitioning tool to expand the volume to fill the unallocated space. Easus Partition Master is a pretty good (free) one.

Bear in mind that if this is your primary hard drive and your operating system is on it, you might have trouble. special drivers may be necessary for windows to operate on a volume larger than 2 TB. And your motherboard has to support UEFI to do this.

Also, if you partition is of the MBR type, you will not be able to extend it. MBR has a max size of 2TB. The only way in this case is to either create a second volume, or erase the disk and start over with a GPT partition.

Backup everything before doing anything.

Thanks for the advice, i will buy an external drive for a back up and try it

Back
Top Bottom