Open .rar file with other software

setishock

Wizard of Wires
Besides WinZip. If any of you recall my last thread about WinZip being loaded with adware and other stupid shit, you'll understand why I don't want to even consider it.

Reason I need an opener for rar is a fellow posted a anime theme at the VB org site I'd like to use. But it has 3 product add ons that I can't get a straight answer out of the coder what they do. I intend to run the files through a file viewer to see what they actually do. If bad or dangerous, the whole mess goes to Mars on a one way rocket. And the fact the file is so big even though it's been rar-ed. It's over 4 megs. Most themes run 2 to 3 megs. Some are bigger but the coder zips the largest file inside the main zip. This takes it down to more manageable sizes.

But the big thing is this is the first post of this person and he's being evasive. This stinks like yesterdays diapers.

7 zip will as far as I know

Winrar will also.

I'd avoid any and all questionable content, buy from a known good provider only.

I see, I have never used anyone else's designs when I can just make my own so I never bothered to look.
Thanks for the info. :)

Like Technician said, 7-zip is what you need. It's free and can open nearly every common archive format.

I used 7-zip to open the files. Upon looking at the xml sheets I found a lot of questionable items. I'll pass one that one theme.
Thanks for the advice on 7-zip.

At the risk of turning this thread into a broken record, +1 for 7-zip. It's open source so realistically will never be loaded with adware, and is becoming the somewhat de-facto decompression utility amongst many I know.

Back
Top Bottom