Hi to all

dickb

Beta member
Hi I am a computer draughtsman from London I have 3 computers. I tried to restore my acer aspire all in one back to its factory settings using the 3 discs I made when I bought it around 5 years ago the pc accepted 2 discs and stated it was finished when it rebooted it would not load up properly it comes up with several options ie start windows normally, start with last known good configuration, start with network promt etc, whichever option I choose it comes back to the same messages. I spoke to Acer via the web for advice all they want to do is sell me the recovery discs which I have already made when I pointed this out to them they actually said that the discs I made on top quality DVD media have deterioated because I haven't used them. I would appreciate any help that could be offered.

thanks

Richard

Welcome aboard :D

If i were you, I'd replace the factory setup with my own custom one. If the OS is Windows, you can still use the Windows key which can normally be found on a sticker on the computer somewhere. All drivers should be found in the Acer website.

Thanks for the advice . I don't have a windows disc for the PC even though it has a serial number on it for windows 7. Could you please advise on how I can reload the software.

thanks

You can download an untouched image of Windows 7 and use the serial number on it. This is completely legal and will give you a legal copy of Windows 7. Just make sure it is the same variant of Windows 7 as mentioned on the sticker.

This will however require burning the image on a disk. It's gonna take some time and basic knowledge, but it is much cheaper that dealing the provider and it gives you full real ownership of the computer.

There are some threads about that if you search here. Right now I'm too preoccupied. I'll see if I can provide some links later.

Back
Top Bottom