Possible downgrade?

Legacy1

Baseband Member
Hello!! Is it possible to downgrade to win7. I'm using win8 now and hate it!!! My laptop isn't strong enough to handle installing win10, and I cant stand win8 anymore. Help?:confused:

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

And yus ive heard win10 is just like win10 and want win10 sooo bad xD

most systems that can run win 8 should support win 10, they are very similar. What are your system specs?

Also, I believe the downgrade option is in Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Downgrade. (If you upgraded to windows 8 from windows 7, this should work)

I would suggest going forwards to windows 10, though.

most systems that can run win 8 should support win 10, they are very similar. What are your system specs?

Also, I believe the downgrade option is in Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Downgrade. (If you upgraded to windows 8 from windows 7, this should work)

I would suggest going forwards to windows 10, though.
ok.. so I got this laptop in august. Anddd it came with win 8. It also came with a free win 10 upgrade (which if my computer could have handled It, that wouldn't matter because Id get it in the first 24 hrs :lol: ) But ive tried and literally it killed my computer.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Got to go take a final I will be back later tho

The Windows 10 upgrade process by Microsoft has been crappy to say the least. My laptop has an i5 4210M, 6GB RAM etc and it took 5 mins to boot up after the upgrade, sluggish screens etc.

Best to run the upgrade, then install Windows 10 fresh, runs sweetly then.

If you just bought this computer in August then I'm sure the specs will support windows 10. If you can't get the upgrade process to work, you can do a clean install. Use the Media Creation Tool to create a Win 10 install disc, then do a clean install and use your Windows 8 product key to activate it.

If you computer doesn't have a sticker on the bottom with the windows 8 product key, use the Produkey tool to reveal it.

As said your laptop should be able to handle Windows 10 but there is a Media creation tool for Windows 7 that you can download from Microsoft here:-

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows7

The problem you will have is that because your computer came with Windows 8 preinstalled you will not have the Windows 7 product key. So if you can get a valid Windows 7 product key then yes you can use this media tool to create an install DVD or USB drive. If you cannot get a Windows 7 product key (they are available on EBay but be careful. I got stung by a thieving barsteward who stole my money and didn't send me a key. I am also assuming these keys are legit because Ebay allows them to be sold {yeah right}) then you will not be able to use the media creation tool or even download it.

As Pete said, you'd probably have to buy a windows 7 license key in order to (legally) run Windows 7, since your computer came with Windows 8, and it's unlikely it has downgrade rights for Windows 7. I don't think they even do that anymore.

Back
Top Bottom