Half installed OS and a web of broken boot files.

ImageUploadedByComputer Forums1452196929.329929.jpg

My bios just brings me to this screen.

Did I i do something wrong?
Ive even tried changing boot priority in the bios.

Im pretty sure my motherboard supports usb booting
I have a nforce 790i Ultra SLI

Any motherboard can boot up USB's.

How did you used the WinSetupFromUSB tool?
The only thing you should click on in the tool is:
Select the USB.
Click on the checkbook at "Windows vista / 7 / 8 / server..." and browse for the ISO by clicking on the (...) at the end
Select the ISO
Click GO.

Done.
No need to click on the FBinst tool, bootice or RMprep.

Last edited:
I agree with Biker, it should work provided the USB stick is okay.

Can I just confirm that there are no other storage devices plugged into the PC? (memory cards, DVDs, external hard drives etc).

Yeah i think i messed up cuz i clicked one of the bars up top to ensure it was going to format fat32 instead of ntfs. There were a fee boxes auto checked that i didn't know what they meant so i left them alone. Ill try again tonight and not touch anything.

Also yes, the only thing plugged onto my pc currently is my mouse and keyboard.

Nah no luck. I dont understand why the boot device kept giving me that screen. I even tried again on another type of thumb drive. Sooo, i gave up and took it to the shop. Hopefully ill be back up and running by Saturday.

Nah no luck. I dont understand why the boot device kept giving me that screen. I even tried again on another type of thumb drive. Sooo, i gave up and took it to the shop. Hopefully ill be back up and running by Saturday.

When you get the computer back from the shop, please let us know what was the problem so that it might help someone else....thanx.

It took a while but i got the shop got my PC up and running again. (on it right now)

Here is what i think happened, its still cloudy:

My motherboard Nvidia nForce 790i Ultra SLI was not taking the new Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8gig ram. Somewhere during start booting files got broken and corrupt.

When i took the 8gig ram out to replace my two 2gig Nvidia 14400s i must have zapped one, yes my power supply was switched off and unplugged. May not have done a good job grounding myself. This left me with only 2gig of working ram.

Between those factors and my faulty windows disk, installation just wasn't getting done and instead crashing the system, creating a scheduled repair loop going nowhere.

The guys at the shop gave me a nondescript HP 4gig ram (probably from an old stock PC) and installed windows using their disk at the shop.

Everything came up fine, system runs beautifully and i spent way to much money on something seemingly stupid.
I slapped the surviving 2gig ram in giving me a total of 6gig of ram. Im going to try and return the 8gig or sell it since it seems to work fine, just not with my MoBo.

Back
Top Bottom