I have nothing

jetsmell

In Runtime
My screen is saying Windows failed to start. Recent hardware or software change might be the cause.
To fix the problem;
Insert your Windows installation disc then restart.
Choose language.
Click repair.
status Oxcoooooof
A required device is not connected or cant be accessed. I have Windows 10 and was trying to rid a viris. PupOpitional Dragol. I was told by a Malwarebytes technican to run a tool and I obviosly messed up. Where do I get this disc. Will the above operation get rid of the virus. I can't get anything on the computer not even safe mode.

To be honest it sounds like it could be a little more than you just messing it up. You can download the media creation for Windows 10 from here. This will make a bootable Windows 10 on either a USB stick or a DVD but if you use this it will delete all your personal files and programs on your computer. There are no disks available as such for Windows 10 but you will be able to create one using this tool.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

On the computer that needs recovery, I have a WD external hard drive. Will it be safe to leave it connected.

In theory yes but to be honest it's only a matter of unplugging the USB plug so to be on the safe side I would disconnect it.

I will reiterate this though. Using the software that you make using the media creation tool you will lose all your personal files and programs that are on your internal drive. the one that needs recovering.

Members
Pip
10 posts

Posted Today, 04:57 PM

I am NOT computer literate. I have tried so many different ways. I started last night with the Windows 10. Do I get rid of that or what.Today after seeing your message I went to your Windows 7 link and tried downloading with a disk, then with the USB stick. The bottom line is you are going to have to tell me step by step what to do. Every single step. I'm hoping you can get me out of this mess ASAP. Sincerely Dan
My affected computer was Windows 7, then recently changed to Windows 10. This laptop is Windows 8.1
P.S. You really have to believe I don't know what to do don't assume anything.

I do believe that you don't know what to do and that is okay. The down side to that is that it can be difficult for me to convey to you what you need to do. First thing I have to say is that I am in the UK and you are in USA so there will be times when there large gaps between us talking because of the time difference. Secondly I need to impress upon you that if you manage to get this done your personal files and programs will lost but you should end up with a working Windows 10 computer providing you do not have a hard disk or other hardware fault. As long as you are okay with that let's proceed.

The first thing you need to do is go to that link that I gave you and on that page there is a button that says "Download tool now" Clicking that link should download, to the computer that you are accessing this forum on, the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.

I will check back later to see if you have been successful in getting the tool. You will need a DVD or a USB memory stick of at least 4 Gigabytes to make the Windows 10 boot disk.

I don't know how much of this you will understand but this page may be useful to you.

https://neosmart.net/wiki/0xc000000f/

Last edited:
I tried the Windows 7 route and had no success. So my question is ; Can you supply a link for the Windows 10 download. I don't want Windows 10 on this computer. From what I see so far, there's no option . If I perform this operation correctly , what are the odds of it working? I'm concerned that the drive is permanently damaged. Thanks

That link that I gave you downloads the Media Creation Tool for Windows 10. Scroll down to the button that says "Download Tool Now" I have tried it and it is definetly the media creation tool for Win 10. And yes you could well be right about the drive being permanently damaged. But unless you go down the "attempt to recover" route you (nor me) will ever know. If the drive is shot then you will still need a way to put Windows back on and as you do not have any disks then the Media Creation Tool is the only way. And whilst Windows 10 is not perfect it is infinetly better than Windows 8 or 8.1 and only marginally worse than Windows 7 plus I believe that early in the new year Microsoft will, more or less, force Windows 10 on you. There is of course Linux, way too techy, Apple, way too limited or Android, way too limited. So if you want to stay in the mainstream then you have to have Windows IMO.

I feel that I burned a good Windows 10 disc. Once installed in the infected computer, it did not ask to push any button, but I was able to choose options by pressing f8. I chose 'repair computer'. Nothing. What's the next step? If I have to do a recovery, then so be it. I just want my computer back. Thank's

Providing that you have made a valid Windows 10 disk then the next thing to do is reinstall windows from scratch. This will delete any personal files, programs and most importantly any viri and malware. Start your computer and immediately start tapping the F12 key. Ensure that you have your Windows 10 disk in your DVD player. You should after tapping the F12 key get a list of bootable items and you should select CD/DVD and it should then boot from the Windows 10 DVD and start the installation sequence.

I have to say that I am not convinced that you have made a valid Windows 10 disk because really it should have gone into the installation sequence straight away. There may well be an added complication in that you could well have a UEFI boot (Technical stuff and way to complicated for me to explain even if understood it fully myself which I don't) and if you have, your boot could well be set to "secure boot" and if that is the case you will have to disable "secure boot" and that could well be too difficult for me to explain how to do that over the internet. Anyway follow my instructions that I laid down at the beginning and lets see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom