DriverAssist by SafeBytes - should I or not...?

laure

Solid State Member
I was looking in my Downloads folder of my Nextbook Flexx 11-Windows 10, and I see DriverAssist Setup. So I clicked on it and read the Agreement policy.

Then I did an online search for DriverAssist "user reviews" and nothing came up for any reviews but mostly websites that gave assistance to uninstall DriverAssist. That in itself kinda tells me I shouldn't use it or pay the 30 some dollars for auto driver updates. I would appreciate any input on whether it would be a good idea to use DriverAssist, as I'm NOT computer savvy and will probably not update my drivers without something like this. One place called DriverAssist a "virus". Also, I'm not sure how much personal information DriverAssist gleans from my computer and it is is continually taking all sorts of my personal information at will.

NOTE: I did a forum search for DriverAssist, and nothing came up.

Last edited:
Most driver manager software is either or scam or a waste of money. I wouldn't worry much about always having the latest driver unless you're having an issue with a particular device. And if you need to update a driver, then just download it manually from the manufacturer website.

Looking on the web it would seem that it is a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) as defined by various anti malware sites. It can put unwanted advertising on your computer or adware. Your drivers should be available on the web from the maunufacturer of your device and they should be free. To be honest though there is another discussion on this forum about the Nextbook Flex 11. Usually in this day and age if reinstall a computer (as opposed to a tablet which the Nextbook is) it usually finds all the drivers and installs them automatically. You can revert a tablet back to factory settings and that should reinstall all your relevant drivers but it would lose any personal files such as photos etc that are on your device. It's always a good idea to make backups of the operating system and programs on your device when you first purchase it. This isn't so easy to do with a tablet unfortunately. But bottom line is that there is no way in the worls you should be paying anyone £30 dollars for drivers. I don't know how Driver Assist got on to your device but it is a scam and so is the fact that someone or something is asking you to pay for drivers.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Oh it's you that asked the other question about the Nextbook. It would be useful if you kept your questions on one subject in the same thread please. It makes it easier to give help and also if a solution is found it doesn't mean that people are chasing different threads on the same subject by the same person.

about me posting a separate thread about the drivers... I posted a new thread about the driver update question because I thought I needed a separate thread for different questions. Sorry about that! I'm just learning about how to use forums or this forum. I am unsure how I'm supposed to post as I guess I didn't understand the instructions. When I have a new question about (using) my Nextbook, what should I do? (use the same thread I used asking about backing up?)

about me posting a separate thread about the drivers... I posted a new thread about the driver update question because I thought I needed a separate thread for different questions. Sorry about that! I'm just learning about how to use forums or this forum. I am unsure how I'm supposed to post as I guess I didn't understand the instructions. When I have a new question about (using) my Nextbook, what should I do? (use the same thread I used asking about backing up?)
It was appropriate for you to create a new thread like this in my opinion.

Never trust driver finding software, Always go to the manufacturer's website find them. A nice utility I like to use is called Unknown Devices which can help identify unknown device names and models..

crazyman143 Thank you for your comments! I will remember the advice and the website. I was a bit confused about posting different questions. Thank you!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom