Smartphone

Notech

Beta member
Hi. I'm Adam and work in a factory. Does anyone know if it is possible to set something up so that managers can receive real time results on their Apple smart phones?

Welcome to the asylum. Some days it isn't worth chewing through the straps.

You want a results message sent to one person or a group of people? Then we'll have to know if you're monitoring a machine, a computer, or a person.

If you want to report this event manually, you could get on Voxer. The people you want to know the results would be on a group along with you. When you send the results message all in your group would get it. Voxer works over your data plan on your phone or if a WiFi connection is available, it will use that.
We used that at a hotel to keep tabs on the staff. I still use it now to keep in touch with my old staff. I'm 4 hours away as the crow flies and there's little to no lag.

It's free also. The real time walkie talkie costs though.

If you want real time automated messages from a machine, I would venture you'll have to contact the manufacturer of the machine to see if they offer an add on module that could text messages to people on a list.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. Really we would need a live feed from the computer system. For example different results can be linked on Excel such as current production status and quality. This would then need streamed to a smartphone or viewable on a smartphone in an easy and quick manner. For example, the program could be more complex on the PC, but if the manager wants to view results on a smartphone it would be simplified and easy to view.

What about dumping this info to a small webserver? Then they could view the webpage via smartphone. The web server could run on the machine you're monitoring, or on some other server and have the monitoring machine drop the data there.

Yeah Keep in mind though that on a web page you can browser in to, that any one else can. If you're hosting proprietary information means you have to have the page locked down to only those you want to be able to see it. I would suggest a splash page that asks for log in info then once in ask for a different set of credentials to access the actual data.

Back
Top Bottom