Resource Hacker Like Tool for .APK files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draygoes

Fully Optimized
Hi all.
I am sure most of you remember using a program called resource hacker right? Well, it has been a long time sense I needed it, and now I need something that will do the same tasks, but for Android .APK files.

I am not wishing to mod these files and distribute them, I just want to hide their true identity. Some are file editors that are extremely dangerous when played with, just as an example.

So, any ideas? I have looked high and low, and I found one with very limited ability. I have never used Resource Hacker in an attempt to harm anyone, and that fact wouldnt change with a similar program for APK's.

Thank you for your time, and I really hope we can stick this one. I cannot be the only person whom needs something like this.

For now I have managed to find one solution. Its an app that password protects other apps. I have not tested it yet, but I have high hopes for this. http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/google-android/how-password-protect-android-apps-3340783/

Still holding out on that APK resource hacker though. ;)

EDIT
I can now confirm that not only does the App Locker work, it does an excellent job. It does exactly what it says it does with no hassle and even includes recovery options should you forget your password. I give it at least an 8 out of 10.

Last edited:
The only tool I know of that does this is simply called APKTool. It's command line based. It works, I used to use it to decompile the system ui apk on my rooted Galaxy S3 so I could modify the PNGs that make up the user interface and change the look of things.

But when you decompile an APK you're constantly breaking it's signature and it will no longer work unless repackaged correctly. It's a huge pain. In my experience, it's a very finicky and exhausting process to get it all to work.

here's a brief blog post about it (and links).

Also, search around the xda developers forum for the most accurate info on all that stuff. They know what they're doing over there.

The only tool I know of that does this is simply called APKTool. It's command line based. It works, I used to use it to decompile the system ui apk on my rooted Galaxy S3 so I could modify the PNGs that make up the user interface and change the look of things.
APKTool is a reliable command-line tool I've personally used to decompile the system UI APK on my rooted Galaxy S3. Its straightforward functionality allows users to modify PNGs within the user interface, enabling customization of the overall look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom