Plex media not naming proppely

Sharpy1

In Runtime
Hi everyone has anybody got any ideas as to what's up with my plex server it keeps naming TV items as eppisode 1 eppisode 2 it's not pulling all the data off tvdb.org it gets a thumbnail and that's all it's managing its worked perfect until today does anyone got experience with this and knows what I could do I don't no all of the plex settings and that I am native to Kodi but recently started to enjoy using plex any help greatly appreciated

From the settings icon on the web interface try doing Optimize, Clean Bundles, Empty Trash, etc.

Make sure that your media and folder structure follows the naming conventions required for plex: https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200220687-Naming-Series-Season-Based-TV-Shows

TV Shows Have to be like this for example:
/TV Shows/Arrow/Season 4/Arrow - S04E01.mp4

Also check your Agents settings, make sure that theTVDB is turned on and at the top.

Do a full library refresh and it should pull down the info. You could also try turning off other agents to see if they're possibly interfering with thetvdb.

Possibly try turning off "Local Media Assets." Sometimes that helps.

Last edited:
The only think I haven't done there crazy man is the local information part all my media is named exactly how you said that's how my kodi program reads them the same as plex it's worked perfect until yesterday will look more in settings

my plex server normally works perfectly fine up until the past few days. I have been trying to add more media to the tv shows section but when the plex server scans the hdd's, it detects the media laid out and named correctly eg The Simpsons s01e01. It loads the media into the server but doesent download any metadata for the files.

Any ideas ?

Already tried
uninstall/reinstall,
Clean Libary,
Empty trash,
Optimize Libary

you might have to look into the logs. For windows they're located here:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Plex Media Server\Logs\

If you upload them somewhere I'll take a look at them too.

Back
Top Bottom