Toshiba Satellite P75 A7200 - Lag Help

RELiG1

Solid State Member
Hey hows it going?

Been having some issues as of late with my laptop acting sluggish. I use Google Chrome, so at any given time I do have around 10 tabs open at once, but Im not constantly using them. A couple tabs will be 2 different email accounts, so its not like every tab is using large bits of data, like Id guess YouTube, Twitter, or Facebook to be using since they are constantly refreshing.

Everything on my laptop is factory. I havent updated or improved anything.

As of right now, my hard drive is 685 GB. I have 573 GB free, so its not my computer being bogged down by a full hard drive.

I have the free AVG for virus protection, havent had an issue with virus's in years... that I know of :lol:

I also have and use CCleaner at least once every couple weeks.

Ill try to give some examples of the problem Im having. For instance before coming to this forum I was on Facebook. I was going to comment on a friends post, but I couldnt click anything on the page. I couldnt "Like" "Comment" or anything. Like nothing was clickable. Almost like it was an offline page or something.

Or sometimes just randomly the touch pad mouse becomes unresponsive. Like the computer is just froze and unresponsive for 7-10 secs, sometimes a tad longer.

Its not a huge deal, but something Id like to correct if possible.

Any idea on what the problem is or how I can fix it?

Im thinking about buying a cooling station off Amazon pretty soon, because I noticed it does get super hot. Especially on my lap or on my couch where it cant get air and breathe. Could this be causing laggyness due to overheating?

Also, I download and watch a lot of Youtube, Twitch, and such. Should I be concerned with AdWare or Malware?

Would disk defragging help?

Thanks

Sounds like you may have an overheating issue. Buy a can of compressed air and while the laptop is off, blow out the fan vent thoroughly from different directions. If the CPU is over heating, it will throttle back in order to cool down, and consequently slow your computing.

Another possibility is that you're maxing out your system's RAM. And Chrome is a bit of a RAM hog.

Check task manager when the issue happens, and see if if you're using all or nearly all of system ram. Check your CPU percentage to see if it's working too hard. If Check the processes to see if it's a specific process that's bogging down the system.

Check to see if you have too many startup items running. Superfluous processes that launch at boot time will bog you down. to check this use task manager in windows 8, or msconfig in win 7.

PS, I've found cooling pads to rather underwhelming. Just keep the laptop on a flat solid surface and you won't need one.

Last edited:
Sounds like you may have an overheating issue. Buy a can of compressed air and while the laptop is off, blow out the fan vent thoroughly from different directions. If the CPU is over heating, it will throttle back in order to cool down, and consequently slow your computing.

Another possibility is that you're maxing out your system's RAM. And Chrome is a bit of a RAM hog.

Check task manager when the issue happens, and see if if you're using all or nearly all of system ram. Check your CPU percentage to see if it's working too hard. If Check the processes to see if it's a specific process that's bogging down the system.

Check to see if you have too many startup items running. Superfluous processes that launch at boot time will bog you down. to check this use task manager in windows 8, or msconfig in win 7.

PS, I've found cooling pads to rather underwhelming. Just keep the laptop on a flat solid surface and you won't need one.

Thanks for your input! I will definitely try cleaning the vents with compressed air. As far as the cooling station, I game off of a L-Sectional couch. I dont have a coffee table to set my laptop on. I guess I could sit a chair or something by me. Me and my roommate both game in the living room, so its kinda cluttered. We just have a sectional and an ottoman.

Get a Pyrex glass or a thick metal cookie sheet to put it on in your lap. They're cheap enough at Wally World.

Back
Top Bottom