Inverter board?

emperor76

In Runtime
Hi, I've been having trouble with my Alba tv lately, I feel out of my depth with tv's, but I'm having a go never the less, it's been making a high pitched noise, a quick google search led me to believe it's the power supply, but after taking the back off, powering on and listening for the noise, I found the noise wasn't coming from there, it was coming from a board in the far left side of the tv, after a little more googling, I found out this is called an inverter board, I've removed this board and found what looks like a scorch mark on the opposite side of the board to one of the capacitors (I think) I will update the picture in a minute, these boards seem reasonably cheap, does anyone know anything about these and will it fix the problem, thanks in advance

The whine comes the caps or the step down transformer. The board powers the CCFL back light tubes. When you replace it just go one plug at a time to make sure you get them back in where they came out.

The whine comes the caps or the step down transformer. The board powers the CCFL back light tubes. When you replace it just go one plug at a time to make sure you get them back in where they came out.

Thanks for your help, would you say this is likely enough to be the problem to order the part? annoyingly the one for the 32 inch model I found for £7, but this one is about £30, US seemed cheapest, but the shipping pushed it right up

Last edited:
Usually it's obvious if a capacitor is going (or has gone), it'll be swollen and might also be leaking. A capacitor will cost you probably less than a pound if that's the problem.

Usually it's obvious if a capacitor is going (or has gone), it'll be swollen and might also be leaking. A capacitor will cost you probably less than a pound if that's the problem.

I did check to see if there are any swollen or leaking one's, but they all look fine to me, just the brown mark as shown which doesn't look overly good to me

Back
Top Bottom