word processing program

Leo Vincent

Beta member
Bought a new laptop, Windows 10, without a word processing program installed. Do not need Excel, Outlook and the like, I just need a program with the standard writing tools; dictionary, spellcheck and such. What are my options? Thank you.

Sounds like you've got it worked out, but I'll just chime in and add Google Docs to the suggestions bin as well.

I have to chuckle at this thread. The OP says he wants just a word processing program, doesn't need/want Excel, Power Point, etc... Yet almost every suggestion so far has been a suggestion of a full blown alternate office suite.

Granted, they include include word processing but why install all that extra stuff if it's not wanted?

For just a word processing program, try something like : AbiWord

I have to chuckle at this thread. The OP says he wants just a word processing program, doesn't need/want Excel, Power Point, etc... Yet almost every suggestion so far has been a suggestion of a full blown alternate office suite.

Granted, they include include word processing but why install all that extra stuff if it's not wanted?

For just a word processing program, try something like : AbiWord

It is pretty unfortunate, but my personal preference out of all the free word processors is LibreOffice. Whether or not I intended on using all the items, the word processor seems miles better than any other freebies I've used.

Back
Top Bottom