Recommend a Good *.dbx repair tool Microsoft Outlook expres

jenniferlizit

Beta member
Hi,
This is a follow on to a previous post. Basically I reformated and reinstalled an os xp (quick format) and later found out that there were required outlook express 6.0 mail files *.dbx on the hard drive. I have used get databack to restore the *.dbx files which was ok they seem to be the correct files going by the names of them but they were stored in temp folders temp internet files etc. So i recovered anyway and tried to import them into outlook express which will not recognise them. So I have began looking for a dbx repair tool i have tried advanced outlook express repair tool it says it recovers the messages but they are all 1 kb and nothing in them it succesifully recovered 3 messages properly. Can anyone recommend other repair tools that i could use to repair ?

GetDataBack often recovers partials of files, and it's possible that's what you've got. If they are incomplete you might be out of luck. You could try running a tool such as this https://www.repairtoolbox.com/outlookexpressrepair.html on the files.

I assume that you've checked the email server and they emails you need are not still stored there in a deleted items folder or the like.

Outlook Express stores email messages in DBX files which are located in the

%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{Identity-GUID}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\

If you recovered files from a different location, such as the "temp folders temp internet files etc." they may not be the correct files. That may be why you're having a problem recovering the actual messages.

For more: My main computer crashed and data has been retrieved from the hard dri - Geeks to Go Forum

You could see if A corrupt Outlook Express DBX viewer with a wide range of advanced file recovery features helps you.

Back
Top Bottom