Windows 10 update problem

softailgarage

Solid State Member
Like the rest of you, I was excited to get Windows 10. Here's the problem, once I had the update I developed a problem with video playback on sites like youtube, facebook,etc. Except for facebook, the problem is when the video starts all I get is a green screen w/multicolor lines, kinda like interferrance. I have to stop the video and go back, start it again, then it plays correctly. With Facebook, I get a blackscreen and audio, however there is no way to correct it unless I download it and play on a seperate or third party player. Any thoughts?

Hi I had a similar problem with W10. I got aggravated and rolled back to W7.
My problem was I couldn't view any videos that were attached here on the forum.
I don't remember if I had problems on you tube or Facebook. W10 had to many bugs for me. Members here are saying a clean install is the way to go with W10. I haven't tried a clean install yet. I'm waiting a little longer as I'm perfectly happy with my W7!
Gary!

Seriously softailgarage, I'd skip it for now. It's got a lot of bugs and a lot of drivers are not available for w10 yet. I strongly recommend holding out until service pack 1 is released.

Update and clean install to win 10 are one in the same thing. It will not make a difference. If I were you I would skip on win 10.
I only know what the big dogs are saying on Techist and other forums.
They say up grades always have problems. What do I know? They recommend the clean install. I personally don't know and seti and myself are waiting awhile!!:hide:

A clean install is significantly different than an upgrade install. In a clean install, the disk is formatted in order start with a clean slate and then the OS is installed. No installed programs are carried forward. An upgrade goes over the top of the existing system and can carry forward problems the user may not even be aware of. Installed programs are retained which could also bring forward more hidden issues.

Throughout Windows history a clean install has always been recommended as the preferred way to upgrade the OS to avoid carrying forward any preexisting problems.

While strollin is right, its more than simply carrying forward issues from the old OS, it involves making changes to the core and associated members that are difficult to make on the fly while doing other things. As stated it is always best to start with a clean formatted drive and then a clean install of new fully integrated software.

Back
Top Bottom