hi am new around here

fabian1

Solid State Member
hi everybody am new and i would like your help on something.
I bought a brand new Floureon Bm-100fx usb microphone off Amazon and i got it yesterday(i am living in Jamaica). The thing is this, my laptop isn't picking up the microphone anywhere. I have searched online for a solution and has found none so far. It is what they call a plug and play one so no discs or any such thing came with it. I try the website of the company and nothing is on it about the mike or any drivers or anything. i don't know what to do anymore. and i want it so i can do an internet talk show because am trying to build an internet radio station.

Fabian, welcome to CF.

It looks like the USB cable is only used to provide power to the mic. The Aux cable must be plugged into a mic input on your computer for it to work. Ensure that the Aux cable is indeed connected to an mic input, rather than line-in or some other. If both cables are plugged in and it's not being detected, it is likely an issue with your computer's audio driver.

Go to Control Panel, click on "Sound," then the "Recording" tab. does your mic show up here?

Last edited:
OK I try that but am not seeing still. I don't know if it is because my computer have just one jack on my computer. Other laptops come with two ports mine just have one. All my drivers are up to date as i recently upgrade to windows 10. When I plug in the audio jack I see a pop up asking me which device i plug in.headphone,speaker out,headset are the options I see.

Last edited:
Yes most laptops have a headphone jack and a mic input. Often the jacks are distinguished by color (headphone jack is green, mic is pink). Or there is a small embossed headphone or mic symbol next to them. Can you confirm whether you have a mic input on your machine? It seems unlikely that you system would not have one, but if that is the case you might need to purchase something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Technology-iMic-Audio-Device/dp/B000BVV2IC

Mine doesn't have a cloud code. It has a little drawing can't make out what is it. But when I plug in anything into it it States its an audio jack.

Will an audio splitter with a jack plug work

Last edited:
If you only have an output jack for headphones then a splitter will just give you 2 outputs. You would still need an input. If you post the make and model of your laptop we may be able to confirm for you what type of jack it is that you're seeing.

Based on the photos of your laptop that I was able to find online, It looks like you have a single headphone output jack on the left side of the computer. I think you are correct that it is the only jack. In that case, I think you will have to buy some kind of external audio device, such as the one I linked to in my post earlier. Then you should be able to connect your mic.

Ok thanks much. Trust me I have been checking other online forums and nobody could tell me what is wrong. You are the only person to tell me anything with sense. I owe you a drink.lol lol lol. Thanks much

Ok thanks much. Trust me I have been checking other online forums and nobody could tell me what is wrong. You are the only person to tell me anything with sense. I owe you a drink.lol lol lol. Thanks much
Happy to help. If you have any other questions just post another thread. Good community here ready to help.

Back
Top Bottom