Hi! I'm donetao!

donetao

Banned
Hi! I'm donetao! I registered on this forum so that I can learn new things and maybe pass forward things I have learned. I know my Toshiba Satellite pretty well and I feel I'm above average with W7 knowledge.
I may make some mistakes when posting on this forum. I would ask that you tell me when I make mistakes so that I may learn from them.
Please no bans! Just ask me to leave and I promise I will honor your request to leave. I think I can be a asset here. It looks like a great forum and one that is growing. Looks like my kind of people post here!
donetao!;)

Thank you! I'm trying to post and make new threads. I guess I have to have 25 posts before they don't need to be approved by staff. I'm not sure if they are waiting to be approved or if they aren't appropriate. That is very confusing. I read where older members were discussing ways to have more activity on the forum. This rule could discourage new members. I understand it has some thing to do with spammers.
I assure you I'm not a spammer. I have no use for spammers. How long is the wait to see if your post is approved.
Thank you!
donetao

Donetao! I'm very excited to see you post that you have a Toshiba Satellite. I do too!

I am new here today also and look forward to learning from your fine members.

Donetao! I'm very excited to see you post that you have a Toshiba Satellite. I do too!

I am new here today also and look forward to learning from your fine members.
Hi SchoolMarm. I will be glad to share what I know about my Toshiba. It has some quarks, but for the most part it has been a very good and dependable PC. My Satellite is going on 4 years old. Here's my specs!! I have never seen it run hot. I seldom shut it down.

Attachments

• Capture48.JPG
    Capture48.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 6
Hi I just started or tried to start a new thread about Speed test. I got a pop-up saying the thread would have to be reviewer before it would post. I have seen this before on these help forums. I know this is for spammers but they also drive away new members and slow down the forum action. The only the thing on my new thread was the results of my speed test A little over board IMHO. I'm not here to criticize, but these things may have a big effect on how fast this forum grows and how much action you see!!
donetao!!

Oh gosh! That's too bad that you weren't able to create a new post. I'm sure the site has its reasons for moderating new members.

I've updated my stats. I've been fairly pleased with my Toshiba. I run pretty standard stuff. I took a downgrade to Windows 7 Pro. Using the system mainly for Internet and LibreOffice.

I had a defective hard disk from the factory but once it was replaced things were good hardware-wise. The factory installed trial AV was horrendous, so I am using IOBit Advanced System Care.

Hi SchoolMarm! I'm not a fan of IObit. I run MSE and MBAM premium in real time on my PC. I understand you down graded to Windows 7 Pro from Windows 8?? That's a bummer to have a bad HDD from the factory. I think Toshiba uses Norton anti-virus trial. They use to be good, but they have really gone down hill.
Yes The site has reasons to moderate new members. It's for spammers, but they need to set their filter for those things. I have created several threads and none of them have been approved. Most of them have had Microsoft links. New members will not post when these things happen. I'm not here to cause trouble. This looks like a forum that can grow and I just want to help that happen. None of my threads had spam. I have no use for spammers. No one is telling me if my threads are appropriate and they are not being posted. That causes me to wonder and makes me hesitate to post any further here!!
Thank you for your reply!! I hope you like it here!! If I can ever be any help to you, just let me know! I know my Toshiba really well! I know W7 really well also!
donetao!

Well, I'll join in and mention that I also have a Toshiba Satellite S55 laptop. Mine has an i7 cpu, 12GB of RAM, 500GB ssd and runs Win 8.1 64-bit.

I don't have any particular allegiance to Toshiba, mine is 2 years old. It originally came with a 1TB hdd but I swapped that out for the 500GB ssd. I don't have any complaints, it does what I need it to do.

I'd say the weakest link in my laptop is the keyboard. It's a decent keyboard with backlighting but I had to replace it a few months back because 1 key decided to stop working. I ordered a new keyboard from Ebay and it took less than 5 minutes to install.

BTW, welcome to the forum Donetao!

Last edited:
Thanks for your welcome strollin! Sounds like you have a good rig! I live in a small cottage in a retirement center, so a lap top is about all my wife allows me to have.
It gets the job done. I'm not into games. Mine is going on 4 years, so I'll probably be looking for a different PC before long. I work on computers and I'm impressed with Dell lap tops. May change my mind when it comes time to get a new PC. Maybe I'll start a thread here and get members thoughts about the best model and make. Dell seems like it's a little more sturdy and better built??

Back
Top Bottom