tech show purchase... from last year.

~Darkseeker~

Fully Optimized
Hi,

Last year (Gadget Show Live 2013) I bought an MSI Dragon series hybrid watercooler (Basically the same as the Corsair H55/75 or the coolermaster equivalent) - but i had nowhere in my case to fit it so I left it... for a "while".

I've just re-cased and tried to fit the cooler but the mounting ring for the CPU block doesn't fit the mounting holes on my motherboard...it had socket 1155 in the compat list, are the hole positions different depending on the motherboard or should I be complaining to MSI about this?

Cheers :angel:

The cooler may have come with multiple mounts which have to be selected/used depending on which CPU socket you're using. Do you still have the box? Are there any more mounts in the packaging?

Well it fits and it's cooling well, the stock fan is a pile of crap though so i've ordered some high static airflow corsair fans to put in there.

Even though my motherboard is 1155...and on the back the holes are labelled as 775... I have to use the 1156 holes in the cooler retaining bracket. Talk about straightforward!

Back
Top Bottom