Malware or other viruses changing settings

Gmcsierra

In Runtime
How likely is it back in 2008-10 that a virus or malware was created that when you download a song or video off limewire that file had malware attached to it. An that virus changed your limewire settings to make your personal files in the limewire share folder such as pictures,documents, user files? Is this likely to happen. I read this somewhere and I thought if a hacker did this it would create only the hacker to have access to your files. Not the entire limewire network??

I used to embed text files in pictures and send them over email. If you had the decriptor software then you could extract it back out. So embedding a virus or other malware in music and videos isn't all that complicated. Most of the time hackers then just wanted to turn your computer in to a zombie.

So is it likely that a hacker could put a virus into a limewire file. And when I download it, it will put my personal files on the limewire network

Seti, that didn't even reach the topic of his question lol.

To answer your question, No. The only access anyone would get is the hacker, not the whole network. The only way all your files of sorts would make it to the whole network was if your account it's self got hacked into and the hacker changed those settings. But a virus in it's self will not do that.

How could anyone hack a limewire account. There is no login lol

Than he can't hack it lol. The only way to get it to share over everything is by manually changing the settings. It would have to be a very complicated virus dedicated for that purpose, and the chances someone goes through the process needed is very low... And you should have a good Anti V program too... :)

I even just researched more on limewire. The chance someone is going to hack/virus that and getting it open to the network is literally little to none.

Last edited:
P2P File-Sharing Risks | Consumer Information
www.consumer.ftc.gov/.../0016-p2p-file-...
Mobile-friendly - Some malware is designed to change which folders you have designated for sharing, so criminals can access your ...

This is the article that led me to believe that

Back
Top Bottom