Thinking about a new graphics card

Clarence

In Runtime
Hi everyone,
I want to find out some information on computer graphics. I got the information on my basic system home (see attach) in which the graphics memory is only 250MB. The question is if it is part of the chipset family is it built in memory? So if i were to buy a graphics card and install the drivers would it still be reading from the internal graphics card or do i need to point it to the new card(PCI) in this case. And finally i want a recommendation on a graphics card and its properties such as memory, model and manufacturer etc.

Attachments

• graphics properties.JPG
    graphics properties.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 3
What do you want the graphics card for?

A new graphics card would come with it's own dedicated graphics memory, the integrated Intel GMA 3000 chip utilises the RAM as graphics memory.

What do you want the graphics card for?

:rolleyes: Nothing really. Many people would buy a graphics card for gaming or HD movies streaming, but i just wanted to buy and install a card just for experiment, - to see how it works etc. And you mentioned that it is using my RAM which is currently 1GB so this could be a problem.

A new RAM kit would be better to spend money on.
You have zero need for a graphic card.

If you insist on a new graphic card, something like a GT 720 or 730 would be good.
It also has it's own VRAM, so it's not gonna steal from your RAM

Back
Top Bottom