unwanted toolbars

toppydon

Beta member
Hi, I'm having a problem with a malware toolbar that I've somehow downloaded. It doesn't show up on settings as a search engine, and it won't uninstall. It's called Astomenda, and there's a programme which won't uninstall, called Bubble Dock. Searching for a solution I've seen ads for downloads to get rid of unwanted toolbars, but I don'e trust them either!

Any suggestions out there?

uhh. I am better at removing those browser hijacks when i am at the computer itself.
What browser is it?

After a quick google it should easily be removed via control panel. but i am sure you have already tried that.
Check the list of installed programs in control panel and see if you can find anything like "safe search" or something else with search or protect in the name.
Download ccleaner and scan a computer.
If you have avast: Avast has a browser cleanup feature. Try that.

Combofix
A no holes barred romp and stomp Virus and malware scanner.
ComboFix Download

Reboot when it's done.

Also click on the gear icon when your browser's open. Go to manage add ons. Select the ones you don't want and disable them.

Other thing is when installing software don't just click through. Stop and read each panel that comes up. Some have toolbars and other stupid shit they hope you'll just click through and ignore. Then you have garbage popping up and wondering where it came from.

Last edited:
A nice little trick i do if annoying programs that won't uninstall by the normal method by using the control panel. Boot up into safe mode and then uninstall the toolbars...it should work for you.

Hi, I'm having a problem with a malware toolbar that I've somehow downloaded. It doesn't show up on settings as a search engine, and it won't uninstall. It's called Astomenda, and there's a programme which won't uninstall, called Bubble Dock. Searching for a solution I've seen ads for downloads to get rid of unwanted toolbars, but I don'e trust them either!

Try Revouninstaller {FREE}
that should knock em out

Hi Nutter. welcome to the forum. :)

I hate to be that guy, but try not to bring back dead threads unless you have a reason.

Toolbar in google chrome..?

Back
Top Bottom