Hello Folks

bluenose1940

In Runtime
Hello, my name is Geoff and I am a grey haired old codger that needs help with his computer from time to time.

I was a member of the 'Computeractive Forum' for a number of years but for some reason they have decided to close it down, hence my need to find a new source of help.

It has to be said that the members on Computeractive were such amazing people, without whom those like me would be completely lost when it comes to resolving pc issues. I am certain that my experience on this site will be the same. I have to admit that I only found the Computeractive site because I used to take the magazine, I never even thought to do a 'Google' which has now found me settled here!

I am seeking help with a partitioning query which I will now mention but, if the mods feel that I should re-post somewhere else I'm sure that they will tell me.

In addition to my Dell pc, I also use an ACER laptop which has one hard drive and which is set up as follows :-

Acer (C:) 219gb free of 283 gb
System Reserved (E:) 72.3mb of 101mb

I have just installed Windows 7 Ultimate as the O/S

I have not added any programmes of my own yet.

What I would like to do is put those two items in a partition of their own with enough space to add other programmes as and when and, leaving the remaining space on the HD partitioned to accept all my saved files/folders.

I have downloaded EaseUS Partition Manager but don't know where to start to do the job. Any advice/guidance will be gratefully received along with many thanks for any input.

Thank you for looking.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard :D

I suggest posting your query in the Software and Operating Systems to get better responses. I guess some members don't visit the "Hi, I am..."

But, I see that your PC's are brand builds, I suggest you first use the company provided recovery tools and check if there are any options that can help you. Partitioning otherwise could disable the ability to further recover your system.

Enjoy your stay in CF :)

Welcome aboard :D

I suggest posting your query in the Software and Operating Systems to get better responses. I guess some members don't visit the "Hi, I am..."

But, I see that your PC's are brand builds, I suggest you first use the company provided recovery tools and check if there are any options that can help you. Partitioning otherwise could disable the ability to further recover your system.

Enjoy your stay in CF :)

Thanks for your reply Smart_Guy, I will re-post.

Back
Top Bottom