Installing Windows 7

Wartung

Baseband Member
I bought a laptop that had windows 8 on it. I've formatted the hard drive, and am trying to install Windows 7.

When installing right after I hit install it gives me this message asking about drivers, cd or usb? Do I go find USB drivers? Or what do I do? There's no CD drive this thing is pure USB 3.0. I'm going to go google it and see what I can do but thought maybe someone on here might be able to give me a hand.

Thanks

It basically says "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is nmissing. If you have a driver floppy disk, cd, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now.

I can post screenshots but I think you get the gist of it. So yeah, thanks again.

There's a screenshot.

So, I've read a bit about this now. There are a qcouple of different main explanations: One says that you can click cancel once it tells you this, then cancel the installation completely by clicking the x. Once you've done this and you're back in the 'pre-installation' screen, simply change the USB you're installing from into a different port and it will then work. Seems this works for a lot of people. Other explanation is that the file is corrupted and to check the file or the quality of the DVD you're installing from. This I think seems unlikely in my case since the installation files I'm using are known to be reliable.

I'd really like to not have Windows 8 on my pc. I can't function with it, Windows 7 is the only way to go. My uncle and I have been working on this for days. We thought we had it and now this new obstacle. I'm losing hope

Attachments

• rae.jpg
    rae.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 1
There's nothing wrong with Windows 8, I use it and love it. Where did you get your Windows 7 from?

There's nothing wrong with Windows 8, for most casual users.

My problem with Windows 8 is in regards to gaming. Windows 8 is not able to run many many games and has problems with games it does run.

So, from my experience, I'm a gamer, I've had problems with Windows 8. If you're not a gamer, then maybe it's going to be great for you. For gamers however, it lacks.

Have you made sure the correct wireless drivers are installed..

Sent from my M470BSS using Computer Forums mobile app

Back
Top Bottom