Hi I have issues

DHES

Solid State Member
Evening all
I am really struggling at the moment with probably a very simple thing.

I am trying to get office 365 to work with my email address and it asks me for DNS settings. My website and email are hosted by one.com and when I am in the control panel for one.com in the DNS settings the fields that office asks me to fill in are not the same. I have tried asking one.com support and they just send me a video to follow that looks nothing like what I am looking at one the screen.

Can anybody do me an idiots guide or is there anybody that does this for a living that I could get to set up for me? Obviously for a cost.

Thanks on advance

[Picture Removed]

Hopefully this works
Thanks ipwn

Last edited by a moderator:
So I couldn't entirely make out all the listings on the right hand picture, but I'm assuming that the left was where you're being asked to provide info, and the right is the page showing what they should be?

If that's correct, the values on the right tell you where the address in the title "Update DNS for ..." go to. When you type an address like www. somepage .com, there's an IP address that the friendly name goes to. DNS finds that address. You're being told that for your email address, through office, you need correct(ed) addresses.

If the left wasn't where you enter that info, then you can also edit your host file or try an nsupdate. Post back if the first assumption wasn't right.

Edit: For smaller screenshots, use the snipping tool in the Windows Accessories folder.

Moved to Networking Forum

Last edited:
Your first paragraph is correct but I cannot seem to see where I am going wrong as it's a little beyond me.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Where would I find the ip address?

Back
Top Bottom