Domain Problem on Windows

Clarence

In Runtime
Hi Guys,

I'm having a serious problem at work with a computer i recently formatted and installed on a network called bizztt domain.

I named the computer Jeff -PC while doing the clean installation of windows 7. The problem is now it created a domain for itself called Jeff -PC\Jeff. Even when I go to Computer>System Properties>Advanced System Settings>Computer Name> and select to change the domain name to bizztt its not being created

Management want's me to remove this Jeff domain completely and create an account for jeff on the active directory server. This I can do, but how do i remove the Jeff domain completely without reformatting - and even if i reformat how do i make the standard account be on the domain i need.

Can you network admins help me out there?:confused:

If you're joining a workstation to the bizztt domain, you should use the FQDN, or Fully Qualified Domain Name. It could be something like bizztt.com or bizztt.local. Looking in Active Directory should tell you.

If the computer is joined to a domain already, disjoin it by specifying a workgroup name, then join it to the correct domain.

Back
Top Bottom