Help Locating Sound Drive

Yanezez

Beta member
Hey everyone,

I recently downgraded a Sony Vaio VGN-TZ35FN to Windows XP. I found all of the drivers in the Sony website except for the audio drive which doesnt seem to work. Ive tried searching for hours and cant seem to locate it. If anyone can help me id appreciate it. BTW the file i got from the site is the "Realtek High Definition Audio Driver, version 5.10.0.5433. I install it and nothing happens.

Hey everyone,

I recently downgraded a Sony Vaio VGN-TZ35FN to Windows XP. I found all of the drivers in the Sony website except for the audio drive which doesnt seem to work. Ive tried searching for hours and cant seem to locate it. If anyone can help me id appreciate it. BTW the file i got from the site is the "Realtek High Definition Audio Driver, version 5.10.0.5433. I install it and nothing happens.
my question is why would you downgrade to a OS that is no longer supported? also if the PC was never made with that OS they may not have a driver for it

I have the same question why down grade? Have you lost the regular install disk? If so and if it is Windows 7 I think I can help you with that. Otherwise I suggest you buy a disk with a newer OS. I really seriously doubt you will find a driver that works especially if it was never written for Windows XP.

I have the same question why down grade? Have you lost the regular install disk? If so and if it is Windows 7 I think I can help you with that. Otherwise I suggest you buy a disk with a newer OS. I really seriously doubt you will find a driver that works especially if it was never written for Windows XP.

Thanks for the concern. It was an old pc i found in my garage.
Had windows vista on it so I reformatted with an XP i had laying around. Now, on the Sony Support there is every single driver for this pc, for Windows XP. They all work perfectly except for the audio one, thats why I was wondering if anyone knows where else to find it.

Do headphones or external speakers work?

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

For what its worth, downloaded Everest and under sound device it says
"Intel 82801GBM ICH7 - High Definition Audio Controlle PCI"

Hi there!

This is not gonna be easy!

Intel High Def audio controllers are many out there. You'll have to keep trying them until you find the right one!

This is a compromise we get for downgrading OS's!

I'll do some search for you and report back if I find anything useful!

I fixed it. Thanks for the replies.
I tried the Intel Update Utility and couldnt get it to work, but I did it manually.

For those having same problem what I did was did.

1. Went to Device Manager and removed/uninstalled all traces of any sound drive.
2. When PC is restarted, it recognized a new hardware asking me to install, I clicked on locate automatically and it starts fine until it cant find a certain file.
3. Tells you which file it is, just google that particular file.

Back
Top Bottom