How to fix wireless adapter access

chris0147

Solid State Member
Hi guys,

I need your help, my sister had viruses on her computer. I had to get rid of the nasty virus called "ZeroAccess reparse point/junction" by running these software hitman pro, roguekiller, kaspersky tdskiller, Malwarebytes Anti-malware and combofix and rkill. It did got rid it where it was slowing the computer down, so it is running alot better when I got rid of these nasty viruses. My sister tried to connect to wireless adapter, but it won't let her to connect it.

Here is the screenshot:

ma9eg4.png

I have tried these following settings:

or the connection try these...

Please click Start > Run, type inetcpl.cpl in the runbox and press enter.
Click the Connections tab and click the LAN settings option.
Verify if "Use a proxy..." is checked, if so, UNcheck it and click OK/OK to exit.
Now check if the internet is working again.

OR

Go to Start ... Run and type in cmd
A dos Window will appear.
Type in the dos window: netsh winsock reset
Click on the enter key.

Reboot your system to complete the process.

If needed : type these one line at a time, press enter after each line. See if it works after each.

netsh interface ipv4 reset
netsh interface ipv6 reset
ipconfig /flushdns

When I tried these, it won't let me to connect to the wireless adapter. I tried to uninstall, but it won't let me.

Does anyone know why?

any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Check the drivers and reinstall the software

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

If you have tried to uninstall the adapter and it won't let you then I would stop trying to connect to the internet and turn your concerns to make sure the virus / infection is definitely gone.

If you can't uninstall the adapter there is something more fundamentally wrong.

Personally if I ever encounter a nasty virus / infection that I don't like the look of I always recommend a complete wipe clean.

Yes I know some may say it's a bit dramatic and unnecessary but my experience over the years has taught me that even if you remove what you think is the main infection chances are you don't get rid of everything. Even if what's left behind isn't "dangerous" it will probably still have an impact on performance.

I would backup, wipe clean and re-install windows.

*I would also recommend if possible, when you do re-install the wireless adapter to ONLY install the drivers. Let windows manage your wireless connections and other settings, stuff like Belkin and Linksys wireless managers tend to just get in the way and cause issues.

If you have tried to uninstall the adapter and it won't let you then I would stop trying to connect to the internet and turn your concerns to make sure the virus / infection is definitely gone.

Personally if I ever encounter a nasty virus / infection that I don't like the look of I always recommend a complete wipe clean.

Yes I know some may say it's a bit dramatic and unnecessary but my experience over the years has taught me that even if you remove what you think is the main infection chances are you don't get rid of everything. Even if what's left behind isn't "dangerous" it will probably still have an impact on performance.

*I would also recommend if possible, when you do re-install the wireless adapter to ONLY install the drivers. Let windows manage your wireless connections and other settings, stuff like Belkin and Linksys wireless managers tend to just get in the way and cause issues.

Agreed. With every point made.

+1 to all of those points made.

About the wireless managers from Belkin and co, Windows network and sharing center/network connections is more than enough for an end user.

Sorry for the delay guys, I has been very busy. However, my sister still have got a problem with her wifi. She cannot connect to wifi.

Here is the screenshot:

2iibxoo.png

33c6jrp.png

2ecdfsn.png

When I ran on cmd > ipconfig > all, i have some details for the drivers that are missing. Do you know why and how to fix it?

If you can connect the laptop to the internet threw a cable get on the belkin website and download tge driver directly from there

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

If you can connect the computer to your router directly then if I were you I would install Super Anti Spyware it as far as I am concerned is the best at finding malware. You can get Super Anti Spyware here SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware! . I just use the free edition it works fine for me.

I would put your sisters computer into Safe Mode and then not only run Super Anti Spyware in Safe Mode but also delete the Belkin software in Safe Mode.
I copied and pasted instructions from Microsofts website about Safe Mode here are the instructions:
To start the computer in safe mode

You should print these instructions before continuing. They will not be available after you shut your computer down in step 2.
Click Start and then click Shut Down.
In the drop-down list of the Shut Down Windows dialog box, click Restart, and then click OK.
As your computer restarts but before Windows launches, press F8.
On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press F8 when the boot menu appears.
Use the arrow keys to highlight the appropriate safe mode option, and then press ENTER.
If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot system, choose the installation that you need to access using the arrow keys, and then press ENTER.
It is relatively easy and has solved many of my problems. I would also re-install the Belkin software as I have found the Windows wireless manager a bit harder to navigate but either way is good.

I really wouldn't wipe the driver either unless you feel you absolutely have to but would consider buying a new computer at some point as Windows XP is no longer supported. Either that or install Linux as it doesn't have the same virus issues especially if an upgrade is not possible due to compatibility issues of a new Windows Operating System.

Back
Top Bottom