why doe's my browser constanly page up on it's own

stevethebrain

In Runtime
why doe's my browser constanly page up example like when I start w/ my homepage MSN I take a quick look at the headlines then scroll down and check the sports on bottom of page

problem is before I can read a couple of lines in sports the browser pages up to the top of page.

This problem isn't just on my homepage but all internet pages for example this site my email and any other websit.

it's kindof annouying so I hope there a solution.

I'm using Win7, internet explorer I belive it's version 9

Thanks STB

Try a different mouse?

Is the scroll wheel clicked?

I've heard people say deleting the temporary internet files/cookies/cashe helps.

Try a different browser? Lol it may because the page isnt finished loading when you scroll down and when it finishes loading it sends you back to the top

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

Just use a different Browser... Internet Explorer is not a great program and is known to have problems like these. Of course the best browser you can use would be Google Chrome so I would just download that and it will import all your favorites and bookmarks from Internet Explorer.

Good Luck! Let me know if you have any other questions!!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Computer Forums mobile app

I prefer fire fox ive tried google chrome and dont like it at all firefox also doesnt have a bunch of bundle software like chrome does

Try a different mouse?

Is the scroll wheel clicked?

I've heard people say deleting the temporary internet files/cookies/cashe helps.

Good reply, trying to help solve the problem.

Try a different browser? Lol it may because the page isnt finished loading when you scroll down and when it finishes loading it sends you back to the top

Bad reply, this is avoiding the problem.

Just use a different Browser... Internet Explorer is not a great program and is known to have problems like these. Of course the best browser you can use would be Google Chrome so I would just download that and it will import all your favorites and bookmarks from Internet Explorer.

Good Luck! Let me know if you have any other questions!!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Computer Forums mobile app

Terrible reply.
Avoiding the problem completely and giving advice from the early 2000s.

Fact is ladies and gents is that IE hasn't been a "bad" browser since IE7 came out.
Yes there are still those that dislike IE but performance wise, issues and bugs etc IE has been as good as Chrome and Firefox over the last several years.

But back to your problem.
Does the page up just happen once or does it happen repeatedly?

ie if you browse to a website and scroll down then it jumps you back to the top, if you scroll down again will it jump you back to the top or does it only do it the once?

Terrible reply.

Fact is ladies and gents is that IE hasn't been a "bad" browser since IE7 came out.
Yes there are still those that dislike IE but performance wise, issues and bugs etc IE has been as good as Chrome and Firefox over the last several years.

ie if you browse to a website and scroll down then it jumps you back to the top, if you scroll down again will it jump you back to the top or does it only do it the once?

How was i avoiding the problem? I told him the issue may be because the browser hant finished loading when he start scrolling down. Also ie is still horrible and one of the slowest browsers there is. I have tried ie11 and still cant stand it

I have tried ie11 and still cant stand it
Absolutely fair enough I wouldn't ever try to stop you having your opinion.

Also ie is still horrible and one of the slowest browsers there is.
Here is where I call bullshit: Browser Speed Tests: Chrome 24, Firefox 18, Internet Explorer 10, and Opera 12.12
As you can see IE as I said is there or there abouts with every single test carried out.

*And for good measure: http://blog.mid.as/2013/11/13/best-web-browser-internet-explorer-11-firefox-25-opera-17-safari-5/

Terrible reply.

Ssc456. Internet explorer is actually notorious for these kinds of problems. And those tests are not universal either, no single browser works the same for everyone however others are certainly MORE dependable than others. Chrome and Firefox being the two most reliable as a whole. And I was not actually avoiding the problem at all. Switching browsers is in fact the easiest way to stop this. Internet explorer is by no means a great browser when compared to the likes of Chrome and Firefox. I was also giving a very easy solution time wise as to download either and import bookmarks, etc would take all of 5 minutes and they could move on with their day no worries.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Computer Forums mobile app

Last edited:

Well I'm going to have to call it on that statement. IE9 was the, according to Microsoft, "Worst browser we've ever made."

We were having trouble with a banking site/transaction at work and could not get it pinned. We opened a technet ticket and that's what we were told by the IE engineers. We had to switch to Chrome until 10 was made available to Windows 7 devices.

Internet explorer is actually notorious for these kinds of problems.

IE is certainly the lesser of the browsers. That said however, it handles certain functions better than any other browser. Some argue this is due to third party design and I would tend to agree. Considering that Microsoft develops everything they do... and still is able to get a workable browser out the door with it that everyone hates; well it's not too bad considering. I don't personally use it except for schooling (back to third party comment), but all in all, it's not terrible.

The "these kinds of problems" comment though is misleading. No browser should have problems where it clicks and scrolls by itself, nor have I heard of that as being a 'known issue.' Just some jacked up code, reference or malicious file that needs cleaned.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom