Quick launch windows 7

dev893

In Runtime
Ive seen pics of desktops where there is a row of icons for quick launch at the top of the desktop kinda like macintosh does i was wondering how i do this can anyone help? Ive tried different themes and have gone through my setting

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

The object dock i linked you to is customizable where you can have it at the top of your desktop instead of the bottom.

Yeah sorry didnt see that thanks thats what i was lookimg for

I like to hide it on the left side of my monitor. Works well for me there and it's not very often that it will randomly popup on you since you hard ever go over the left side of the screen.

There's a nasty drawback to using quick launch. As the programs are loaded and standing by it bogs down the computer. You'll notice it more on low power systems and less on high power rigs. Only thing sitting in my quick start side of the bottom bar is IE. And that's only cause I'm impatient for it to start up.

I didn't notice it enough to be a bother. Mostly what I had in the dock was just shortcuts to programs so they weren't loaded until I clicked them. It's just a quick way to access the shortcuts and keep them off the desktop.

That so true. But quick launch is different from short cuts. Quick launch keeps them on standby. Short cuts, you have to wait for the program to load and start up.

I dont knotice an issue plus its a lot cleaner than having them at the bottom. I put the items i use most there such as Skype, Firefox, steam, and speccy. If any of those would of caused a performance issue steam would and i dont even notice it

Back
Top Bottom