downloading and burning a windows 7 OS to DVD?

It'll be in your download folder or wherever your browser defaults to downloading, assuming you didn't change it.

Also assuming you're on windows 7 already (based on your sig) and that nothing else has been installed or changed, double clicking the ISO file will bring up the windows image burning utility. At this point you'd just pop in the blank DVD and click burn.

What makes you think just burning it won't make it bootable?

This. Using the windows image burning utility will make it bootable, assuming the disk in the ISO image was bootable which all windows disks are.

I've done USB drives that are bootable by mounting the ISO with virtual clone drive then dragging the files to the USB.

My computer
Downloads
Open with
Windows disc image burner

OK that's a fresh copy of win7
Now how do I reinstall all the drivers?

I've done USB drives that are bootable by mounting the ISO with virtual clone drive then dragging the files to the USB.
Are you sure about that? If it was that easy, why are there so many posts on various forums explaining how to make a bootable thumb drive? Why are there utilities out there to aid in making bootable thumb drives?

Are you sure about that? If it was that easy, why are there so many posts on various forums explaining how to make a bootable thumb drive? Why are there utilities out there to aid in making bootable thumb drives?

Because it isn't as easy as he said. If the flash drive isn't already bootable, it'd be akin to do the same thing with a DVD. You'd have the files, but it'd never boot off of it.

My computer
Downloads
Open with
Windows disc image burner

OK that's a fresh copy of win7
Now how do I reinstall all the drivers?

You'll need to get the drivers from the computer manufacturer's site or any disks that come with it.

I don't know but it works for me.

Back
Top Bottom