factory restore windows 7

cdawg

In Runtime
hi i'm wanting to factory restore my gaming pc the problem i'm having is i only have the windows disk i do not have any drivers disk for my computer

my question
if i do factory resore my pc how would i get the drivers that i need for it

Get all of your drivers and put them on USB drive then when the install asks for them browse to the USB and select them.

If your using the actual factory restore (disk, restore partition) that came with your computer, the drivers should be slipstreamed in (along with all the crapware) and you shouldn't have to do anything.

Otherwise, see above post.

Hmm I don't ever recall doing that bk. Normally Windows have enough drivers for me to log in and bother the web after.

Mossiac

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Computer Forums mobile app

Hmm I don't ever recall doing that bk. Normally Windows have enough drivers for me to log in and bother the web after.

Mossiac

Some don't come with drivers such as the ones from digital river.

Oh ok so I have just been reasonably lucky in my component selection.

Mossiac

Windows 7 will contain most (if not all) the drivers for your computer. Rarely will it not have at least the network driver. Windows updates will contain the rest. It's my experience that the Video and Sound drivers are usually all that I need and they have always been in Windows Updates.

Windows XP was HORRIBLE at having drivers but since no one should be loading that anymore, the issues with drivers should be all but over.

Back
Top Bottom