reboot the 2nd hand ASUS eePC I just bought, but keep Microsoft OFFICE?

Catsoup

Solid State Member
Online articles suggest i copy paste from the MS office DVD to a USB, but i don't have a DVD drive, let alone the MS office DVD...

Can I just copy paste to USB directly from the C: drive?

The reason for rebooting is the slow running speed of the device, so if there is anything else any users can suggest, to speed it up, please do.

Thank you!

My specs are:

Microsoft windows 7 Starter, version 6.1.7601

Processor Intel Atom CPU N570 1.66 GHz 2 core
1 GB RAM

BIOS version/ date is American Megatrends Inc. 0503, 26/10/2011
SMBIOS Version 2.7

MS office was already installed on the device when i bought it...

Did it come with a recovery CD or DVD at all? Perhaps a preinstalled media disc?

Otherwise there is probably a recovery partition that will put it back to factory settings. Bear in mind that this will erase all data on the computer so back up all your files.

I assume you mean "reloading".

Can you list the specs of your PC. There are all kinds of tricks/tips to speed up PC's but I'd like to see the specs first to see if it's worth it.

http://www.computerforums.org/forums/cyber-safety-computer-security/pc-cleanup-toolbox-219988.html

As far as keeping Office - there's no way to do that. How did you get it installed in the first place?

FYI with the toolbox don't run blackviper tools as that for the more advanced users and can go horribly wrong if you don't know what you are doing.

Back
Top Bottom