Computer freezes

cdawg

In Runtime
I have a desktop pc running windows 7
Motherboard is sabor tooth 990fx
CPU and 8120 eight core
Gpu nvidia gta 560
16 gb ram but only says I have 11 gb available

Now my issue my computer wants too freeze up on me and I have no idea why I have ran virus checks,malware,spyware,cleaned up junk files cleaned the registry and more someone told me it could be my hardware I ran something called memx+ or something like that and I had no errors on it and also when it does freeze it only stays frozen for like 10 sec then it'll be fine for about a min but when it I freezes it has a weird discolor mouse cursor I'll try to post pics I'm running out of things too try please help ImageUploadedByComputer Forums1392825885.974448.jpgImageUploadedByComputer Forums1392825885.974448.jpgImageUploadedByComputer Forums1392825885.974448.jpg

it only stays frozen for like 10 sec then it'll be fine for about a min

What do you mean? It freezes, then works, then freezes, then works?

I'm leaning towards the video card as a first bet. Did you update drivers recently? You could try that. Do you have another video card or on-board graphics you could try to see if it still happens?

We'll it freezes for about 10 sec then it will start working again for about a min until it freezes again but when it Unfreezes I have a dis colored mouse cursor like in the pics and I have done all updates to my gpu and unfortunately I don't have another graphics card to test is there a way that I can test my graphics card for malfunction

I will try to delete the most recent update and no it's been doing this for about a month

Could try a system restore? I'm not much of a hardware guy, I just suspected it was the video card. Have you tried to "reseat" it (take it out and the put it back in) to make sure it's in all the way.

I thought about the system restore but I'd hate to looses all my stuff games ect......
I have taken it outa couple times it's in there fine

I thought about the system restore but I'd hate to looses all my stuff games ect......
I have taken it outa couple times it's in there fine

You won't lose your games, it restores to the last time you Updated your OS, or when you set a restore point yourself. You could only use your games if you installed it after you updated your OS

Back
Top Bottom