Win8 laptop stuck in "repair loop"

Zak Da Mack

Solid State Member
Hi guys,
I own an acer aspire laptop and about a year ago I upgraded to windows 8. Havent had any problems until last week when I shut down my laptop after doing a disk defrag. After booting it up the next day, it was on the windows loading screen for about 30 mins. After that, it gets stuck on finding disk errors and goes on for ages until I just shut it down (by ages, I have waited 24 hours).

So, question is; does anyone know how to stop this or get it out of the loop (cannot access safemode). I've heard that you can use a recovery disk and boot it from that. However, I don't have one as I've never bothered to make one (lazy, I know) but would it be possible to use my friends recovery drive, or are they unique to each computer?

Thanks in advance :)

If you need any more info, feel free to ask.

Happened saturday morning. Issue is, I can't access any sort of system restore as as it's in a loop and never ends. The only way I can think of donig a restore now is if I get a recovery drive, but I dont have one.

Nope, impossible to do anything. Very annoying, there semms to be no way out of it. Was gonig to make a recovery drive on my friends comp but he has 8.1...

It is hard to believe that you can't even enter safe mode.
You need to enter boot options. You to that by pressing F3-F12.
The computer should tell you which F key to press. or just try them all.

Yh, it's very annoying really. Apparently you can still activate it but you have something like .2 of a second to press it and I don't have the time or patience to keep whacking the f8 key so that I have the remote chance of it opening in safe mode and then possibly for it to work.

Back
Top Bottom