My Laptop

tzvim

Solid State Member
I have a Lenovo R61i using XP profetional.
From time to time I get a message as is in the attached file.
What can be the problem and how I can solve it
Tanks in advance

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 6
This is something to do with your ram, Turn off the computer, Remove the power and hold the power button down for 30 seconds, This will flush the ram removing all bad things from it and the reboot your computer.

I don't think that will fix it, besides I think he has to much running, try clicking start/run type msconfig and click start up and I bet you have 1 million programs loading up, turn them all off and leave the top 2 on if it's ms

Few things - To flush RAM, you don't need to hold the power button for 30 seconds. A second of power loss is enough to lose what's stored in RAM. At any rate since this is intermittent that's not going to help prevent the issue form coming up.

I have never seen too many programs running cause this error. Usually when too much is running you'll get messages related to insufficient memory. That said disabling running programs wouldn't hurt. Basically, all you need running at startup is anything by microsoft, anti-malware/virus software and drivers. The rest can be disabled.

Now this error message typically comes from 3 sources, bad RAM (memory), bad sectors on a hard drive and a corrupt program. When does this error typically come up? Is there any action you do that seems to trigger it? Based on what I see online this could be caused by one of the programs that installed itself into the right-click context menu going corrupt. Right click a file, make note of all the programs listed there, uninstall and reinstall them all.

Download the two programs below (they'll both in .iso formats). Using a program like IMGBurn, burn the "image" to blank CDs. Starting with Memtest, boot from the CD and let it run over night. If any errors are reported, you have bad RAM. Do the same with Seatools after that, running the long test in there.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
SeaTools for DOS | Seagate

No, you're clicking on an ad by the sounds of it. Click the link that looks like this: "Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom