Windows 7 Factory Settings

Craig Prince

In Runtime
I have an old computer with windows 7 and I was wondering if I could restore it and its operating system to factory settings without the windows installation disc. The reason why is just that the computer is slowing down and I thought it might help to restore everything back to default.

I believe that there is a way to do this, but I just wanted to make sure.

It originally had windows xp on it and I would like to know will it go back to windows xp or will it keep windows 7?

I think there is an option in the control panel for this but might take some digging to find it. As long as you are going through the OS and not a recovery partition then it should stay as Windows 7.

Mossiac

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Computer Forums mobile app

I shall have a look for you when I am on the PC.

Mossiac

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Computer Forums mobile app

Will I need the product key? Because I no longer have it.

As well the pc has Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit, does it matter if it get the same version?

Will I need the product key? Because I no longer have it.

As well the pc has Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit, does it matter if it get the same version?

Yes you will, If you run a program called Belarc Advisor you can find your product key Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit, for software, hardware and security configuration information on your computer. Software license management, IT asset management, cyber security audits, and more. and you can install 64bit version of Home Premium and it should still work.

Back
Top Bottom