Virus causing BSOD

DogSong

Daemon Poster
Hey guys, I have a problem... Malware has disabled my Firewall, and whenever I go to scan with avast or MalwareBytes, the Blue Screen of Death appears. How do I get rid of this virus?

Have you tried safe mode and avast or even download a different av program and try that.

Mossiac

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Computer Forums mobile app

Goto safe mode, open c m d, type sfc /scannow , now run malware bytes and after it's done goto windows folder search prefetch folder, delete everything in here apart from ready boot, now restart and download ccleaner, run a scan and run a registry scan, run it twice, after this goto start and type msconfig, click startup tab, make sure their is no dodgy files, if so tick them off .

Okay guys, so I went into safe mode, ran the scan through cmd, and that came up with nothin. So I then deleted everything minus the Ready Boot out of the prefeched folder, and I ran MalwareBytes. It came up with 25 PUPs and I got rid of all of them. Then I ran combofix and it started running, finished the scan, and I had my internet disconnected and it needed internet to find the solutions to the problems.... So I reconnect and start the scan over. It ran all night trying to make a system restore point.... And that's when I left the house this morning. After I deleted the PUPs, I tried to see if the firewall would start up, and it still won't.... UGH

O snip, just noticed, can you not just change the settings in your anti virus to use your firewall?

And yes he means a wipe

Yah, when a virus is in that deep, sometimes it's best to just backup all your data and do a fresh install of windows. Start over from scratch.

Yah, when a virus is in that deep, sometimes it's best to just backup all your data and do a fresh install of windows. Start over from scratch.

I'd to agree, last time I had a bad virus was a few years ago, not worth the hassle by just running scans when it's all over the system.

Back
Top Bottom