Hello...please help

Bcoharzis

Beta member
Hi, I found your site by chance, I'm totally new here & have no idea how (or where) to start a new thread, please can you help? Hope I'm welcome here, and equally hope I can be of help & support to others? I'm pretty much computer literate...although....am I allowed to throw in a PC problem here? If I'm not, I apologise, but in case I am......Please could you advise? I have a laptop (Compaq; CQ61 model). When I turn it on I have no display. It powers up no problem, but the screen/display is (or would seem) totally blank. However, I can vaguely see the welcome screen if I turn the laptop at an angle, I can also see the box that asks for the password, but overall the display has failed. Do I need a new screen?

You are most definitely welcome here Bcoharzis, as for the display of the laptop it seems that it is just broken. I had this happen to a TV not to long ago and you could still barely see images, but only from at an angle.

There's an LCD back-light that went out. I'm not sure the going rate, but they are easily replaced at any laptop repair shop that has experience with it.

Welcome to CF.

Thank you for the nice warm welcome. I'm not sure if I need to reply to you individually or if one reply to all will do? But thank you for the responses. I think, yes the screen has gone. Thank you again. really appreciate it.:)

No need to thank bcoharzis we are all brothers here just helping each other and man i can feel your pain hope you get your screen repaired quickly if you ever need any kind of help on anything we are here to serve you man don't ever hesitate to ask any-thing ok

Back
Top Bottom