Cpu shutting off after 30 sec

I can't believe you haven't fried your CPU with no heatsink/fan...

They can get to many hundreds of degree's without any way of the heat to dissapitate. God man.

The cpu is not properly installed? I noticed that I have 3 socket pins that look like there bent a little bit. There not broken or touching each other . Could this be a problem?

In my opinion, if they were causing an issue, the CPU wouldn't boot at all. I may be wrong.
If you are careful, you could probably bend them back.

You have used thermal compound to fit the heatsink on right? It creates a join for the cooling to occur.

I bent back the pins with a needle very carefully. And I used very little paste. I'm thinking I need a better cooler. I have a corsair h-50 that came with it but I'm missing the housing part .

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

View attachment 1433 can I just use the compound and this corsair cooler the way it is?

Step 1 - Thermal paste the top of the CPU ( usually 1 drop in the middle is good.
Step 2 - place the fan on top of the CPU and attempt to snap it into place on the motherboard.
Step 3 - Hook the fan cables to the mother board so the fan runs.
If this doesn't fix the problem, and the fan is running fine. Then either it's not the CPU at all, or you already fried an inner part and need a whole new CPU.

Ok so I fixed the over heating problem. Thx everyone. But now when I hook everything up my LCD monitor says no signal and shuts off. The cpu is running fine. Could it be the internal hard drive that I hooked up ( it's older and has windows Xp) not comparable with the rest of my cpu? The cpu I received was made in 08. It has a i7 quad core, with an asus motherboard p6t se. And a bunch of other high end hardware.

Please help I'm trying to get this bad boy running

Back
Top Bottom