external hdd

bessonberry

Baseband Member
just got an external harddrive, lookign for common tips and advice for external harddrives. i'd liek to make the most of it, so if you have any sweet ideas i could do with it to make life easier or cooler, leave a reply! i'm speaking of things aside from just using it for a storage device 101.

is it safe to constantly stream videos off an external harddrive?

it isn't compatibile with readyboost (or whatever it's called), so that's out the window.

you could use it as an FTP device which is nice because say you want something from it and you arent home you could FTP into from the internet and bam!! or if you have a router that lets you plug an external device into you have use it as like a home server and access it over wifi:) FTP it always nice!!

I have a TPLink router that does all that internally. Don't have to have your computer left on like the filezilla method does. TL-WDR4300 - Welcome to TP-LINK

If you're on cable you can get another IP from them to use. When I was on SuddenLink I had 5 total IP address. The other 4 were free so I made use of them setting up remote viewing on the security cameras and my personal servers and other things.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom