Allo!

Gilles

In Runtime
I'm trying to post a new thread in the computer hardware section, but every time i make a new thread, it doesn't work. : (

i just posted a thread myself in the Hardware section myself. (heres the thread), so i guess it's just happening for you. sucks. :(

it could be a number of things.
1) forum permissions
2) your browser \ os doing something weird
3) idk

you'd probably be best assisted by one of the members of the staff members here, but if you're in a hurry to get answers (or something to that effect), i wouldn't mind posting a thread for you. just toss me a pm if you'd like.

but welcoem to the forum anyhow!

Thanks for the offer, but I still can't post. And I can't send links in a PM because I'm new, and it kinda defeats the purpose of the post.

Here's what I wanted posted.

Hey guys, building my Dad a new computer since his is ~10 years old. I've not kept up with hardware at all since upgrading my PC, so I wanted some opinions on my build before I go for it. He just needs it for general use (email, documents, photos etc).

Here's what I've got. Total = $237.94
Mobo: MSI FM2-A75MA
Processor: AMD Duel Core @3.4
RAM: Using a stick of 4g DDR3 kingston I have lying around.
PSU: Corsair CX430 or Antec Basiq BP350
HDD: 500GB Barracuda
CD: The cheapest one
Case: Using his old case. Can't remember what it is, but it's an atx.
Video: On board.

I am looking at both PSU. I would love to get the CX430, but it's not in stock and my Dad wants this asap. The Antec has good reviews at the 450+ models, so I assumed the 350 would be reliable as well. Power shouldn't be an issue since I'm using on board graphics.

Thanks guys. Hoping to order today.

Note: I don't use Mail In Rebates.

Also, NCIX is preferred since shipping is so cheap because I live near it. I can potentially go pick up the parts too.

Back
Top Bottom