Dissertation Idea

az727

Beta member
Hi People

Im a third year computer science student, and i am struggling on project ideas. I want to do a project related to web design and CMS but am unable to come up with a solid project idea.

Could someone please help??

I dont mind other project ideas too :)

im not really a programmer. Would like a research paper but lecturer wont approve of it.
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Hope to hear from you all

thanksss

Hi People

Im a third year computer science student, and i am struggling on project ideas. I want to do a project related to web design and CMS but am unable to come up with a solid project idea.

Could someone please help??

I dont mind other project ideas too :)

im not really a programmer. Would like a research paper but lecturer wont approve of it.
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Hope to hear from you all

thanksss
the reason that a research paper is not approved is that your core final year project is to be a project based, design create critique piece of work.
not a research piece.

The best project that you can do will be one that interests you and that solves a problem that you have, that way you;re not really working so much as making your life easier.

At the time I did my final year project, i was working in a software house so I could see what having source control was, and could see the benefit, I could also see how the ability to log bugs against code files and specific versions of codefiles, make notes etc was useful.
but I also saw the price of these software items, and also saw a lack of integration,

so I designed a suite of tools, a version control source tree project, that had an attached but completely separate bug tracking software feature where you used the same tree but added notes against, files to show what errors etc exeisted in the files.

finally to complete the suite of tools I created a knowledge base piece of software that would work for a software house as a place for people to search for existing bugs and be pointed to patches etc.

basically I had a need for some software that I could use to organise my existing problems with code etc. my final year project turned into a exercise in making a tool.

whilst I'm not suggesting that you do the same project, my general advice is.

look around you, what problems do you see.

how do you intend to fix them?

if you were to do a research paper, what area of interest do you see? maybe you can find a project inside this area of interest. and could use your project to build a foundation, for completing a research paper if you go on to further further education (Masters).

Back
Top Bottom