So whos got GTA 5?

agree.

and If you think about it PC gaming isn't that more expensive for people that already have a descent desktop computer.
most people that have a console also have a PC. So instead of buying a console, you could just buy a graphic card.

I don't play console so if I get it I have to wait for the PC version. I've only played GTA 4 and the Episodes. It's fun for awhile then I end up driving around the city wrecking into stuff and evading cops until I get bored of it.

As for console vs PC, PCs definitely cost more, but they last a lot longer (if you buy quality components) and when you buy a new one the old one still actually works so you can sell it and make a bit of money back. The Xbox 360 and PS3 are useless piles of garbage and as far as I've seen they never last that long. And of course the outdated hardware so the graphics are limited. I like using the keyboard and mouse for FPS style games too. With GTA4 I switch between the keyboard/mouse and controller depending on if I'm doing a shootout in a mission or just driving around. You an always find the good and bad between two things. I prefer the PC in this case.

Guys I know i'm fighting a loosing battle standing up for consoles here as I know most people on this forum are PC gamers however, I wont take outright lies lol.

PC gaming is not cheaper and is not more expensive.

If you spend £400 on a games console which many people did with the xbox 360 I actually think mine was a bit cheaper and in 6 years time compare the graphics on it to the computer you built 6 years ago with a £400 budget the console would blow the PC out of the water. Hell you'd struggle to compete with it if you spend £800 on a gaming PC 6 years ago!

outright lies???

I don't think any of us stated that it was cheaper. it's obviously more expensive. (except the games. they are cheaper on the PC)
but i just think you have to take your current PC into consideration as many people own both a desktop and a console.
instead of having 2 machines that does 2 things, why not have 1 machine that can do it all.
if you look at it this way, when consoles are suddenly not that cheap in compartment.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

i can better understand people that are laptop only users that buys a console.

I know that a large majority of Ps3/Xbox players are just downright ridiculous, and tell me that they play Ps3 because the graphics are way better on console..
A was playing Bo2 on ps3 the other week with a friend, and said, "man it's hard to see where you are shooting on these crappy graphics". (I play every game on max with my GT 640) "On my computer I play Cod4 with graphics 10x better then this" (not kidding) He is like, nah man, These graphics are way better then ANY Pc. I was like LOL! (He has a 3 year old laptop that wouldn't even play Cod4... Never had a desktop in his life) I think you can ask any real Pc gamer, and he will tell you, pc graphics are a thousand time better.

I said PCs cost more...I spent over $1000 on my gaming desktop, where consoles are I guess $400 new (I really don't even pay attention to console prices). But the the console dies in 2 years and you have to buy a new one... My 6 year old desktop is still working fine. I don't use it for gaming anymore, but I don't think it'd have any issue playing any of the games I currently play, maybe the newest ones at lower settings, but with the outdated hardware of the 7 year old consoles it's not like consoles are running the highest settings anyway. I've played a game for both PC and 360. I gotta tell you, the PC wasn't even on highest settings and the PC version looked much better. The only reason I like the 360 is for it's controller to use with my PC. Many people already buy a computer for their personal use for $500-$600. So instead of a console, why not just put all of that money into one better computer? That's what I do. My brother had a nice gaming desktop and then decided to get a 360 even though I told him not to. He rarely played it and eventually sold it because he never used it. He'll always be a PC gamer as well.

But those are your choices. If you want a console, that's fine. But I have my reasons for not getting a console.

Edit:
I like the video posted above, but obviously it was a joke. Here's a comparison of Crysis between PC and 360. 360 doesn't look that bad until it switches over to the PC. :p So it's not that console graphics are terrible, you just don't know what you're missing.
Crysis PC vs XBOX 360 Graphics Comparison - YouTube

Last edited:
Thanks, that's a comparison like what I was originally after. I just couldn't pass up that video though. As soon as it started I about spit out my coffee laughing. Plus we needed to lighten the mood here.

If I played games, I would want to be able to update my hardware and software as I see fit or as need be. With a console you can't do that.

Back
Top Bottom