Hey you

If it stops at the black screen just prior to log in, how can he see to do the things you and dale want him to do. Let's try a more logical approach first.

pocket shut down the computer completely. Then power it back up. while it's booting keep tapping the F8 key. We're trying to get in safe mode. I'm trying to see if it's a video system issue.

Let us know what happens.

He did say
"I can't show a screenshot of my desktop if I can't log in (besides safe mode) and no error messages"
so i assume that he is able to get visual via safe mode.

it happened to one of our computers a week ago. black screen with only the mouse cursor visible.
don't know what happened and i didn't have time to mess with it. so our server took care of it.
i restored it via an image we have on our remote installation server.

You need help? Then present the issue properly, and don't let other people do the guesswork for you. How is this for logical approach?

He is posting on CF, so he must still have access to some form of technology. TBH I don't care how he presents the anomaly, except that he must. Otherwise there is nothing to work with, and I don't like to jab in the dark.

Draw with MS Paint for all I care. Or find similar error images on Google. Or get a friend to help. The possibility goes on.

All,

Let's try to keep this post clean, tidy and on track.

@OP,
Try plugging the video connection into another port. You likely have onboard and a secondary GPU and Windows is attempting to display to the wrong one.

If you see a cursor, then there is malware or the like on the machine and it needs to be cleaned up in Safe Mode.

If it has malware I'd get a copy of comobofix and but it on a USB or cd and boot into it and see if that does the trick.

I had similar problems on my old laptop. System Restore works. Log in using Safe Mode. Start up Task Manager and use Help. Type in search - System Restore. Click on the link and do it from there. Hope that works :D

Back
Top Bottom