Hi I am Matthew

ADConverterofself

Baseband Member
I am getting into computers wanting to build and learn as much as I can. I am looking to learn from people and meet people I can talk to on the forums about things I'm learning or questions I may have. I have always liked computers but have basic knowledge. I am studying a book for CompTIA A+ Certification and some other books as well. I try to find out as much as I can on the net but there is so much to learn and I am just trying to soak up as much as I can. I have done very simple things such as swapping out optical drives, upgrading RAM, some expansion cards etc... My goal in the near future is to build my own PC. I spent most of my life playing music and being a Nurse and I am now trying to learn about computers. It is overwhelming but I have a hunger for it and I study for a few hours each day.

I'm learning about computers too, I would like to build my own pc some day!! Computers are fun!!

yeah the comptia is good but it assumes you have moderate understanding of hardware an software etc. i havnt booked it yet. i finished my private tuition few weeks ago so ill book it in a few more weeks.

I found a lot of good books. The one that seemed to be fairly complete and directed at the CompTIA exams is "All In One Comp TIA A+ Certification Exam Guide 8th edition. Written by Mike Meyers. Other than that I pick up everything I can watching tech reports and builds on youtube. There is a chapter for each component in the PC in this book along with an understanding of the history of windows and networking things way off that I haven't made it to yet. But I am excited to learn. I'm also reading, "Hello World! Computer Programming for Kids and Other Beginners." In my house nobody wants to talk about anything. My friends...not into computer. They want them to work but don't want to know what makes them work or how to upgrade and repair. They are not excited about all of the possibilities of what you can do with a PC. don't care about CPU speed or the importance of RAM or what MS-DOS is. So I came to this forum. Where people talk about that kind of stuff and much more.

Back
Top Bottom