G2120

I have a AMD Desktop old and old intel Laptop. Both Dual Cores and both have 2.0ghz . i honestly feel no difference really but i looked at CPu bench marks and saw that an i3 gives better performance than the fx-4100. I just Don't know which way to go becauseim on a budget?

I have to say that I would choose an AMD any day never had an issue with them. The only real problems that AMD processors have is that they don't adjust to older games that struggle with multi core (there are ways to do it but it's nice not to have to). Other than that, it's a great budget option.

Mossiac

Want to know why an AMD is bad for gaming? If they become hot, an Intel will slow down INTENTIONALLY to help keep the processor from frying. AMD does not do that :) They will fry while you play, and you won't know it!

AMD aren't bad for gaming or any other task in general. The reason why people may prefer AMD over Intel or vice versa is because they want better performance and speeds. I prefer Intel over AMD but I have an AMD laptop that is my main computer and an older Acer desktop with a Pentium 4 that I use for light gaming and various other tasks and my ASUS laptop that has an E2 Vision CPU for which use for light gaming like Minecraft/Tekkit, Sims and a lot of other task. The CPU that the op listed would be ok for gaming but not running real high end games that are being released.

That maybe the experience you have had with AMD and you if you had the right cooling and other hardware you may not have had that problem.

Back
Top Bottom