Buying a laptop for my trip

Borderline_Creation

Solid State Member
Hello,

Been a while since I have used these forums. My old account seems to be lost :(

I am going on a trip in March, and I am looking for a computer that I can game on while i'm inside or on the train. I would be playing WoW, Battlefield 3, Dishonored and some Skyrim. I have narrowed my search down to 2 candidates.

The first is: Newegg.com - Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, and More!.

The second is: lenovo IdeaPad G780 (59347664) 17.3" Notebook - Newegg.com

*** No matter which computer I get, I am installing a 240GB SSD, and 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM. ***

Anyway, at first glance, the samsung looks like the best deal. The main things I need to worry about are the CPU and graphics card. The lenovo has a GT635M 2GB chip and the Samsung has Radeon HD 7660G + HD 7670M (1GB) Dual Graphics

My first question is, which graphics card would be more powerful? Would it be worth getting dual graphics cards at 1GB video memory over the single 2GB?

The Samsung also has an AMD A10 4600M CPU. The Lenovo has an Intel Core i5 3210M. From what i have read, the i5 3210M has a higher performance rating overall than the AMD A10 4600M. Is this true for any situation? or is that rating more based on a production environment rather than gaming?

So I just want to know, after I install the new SSD and the 8GB of RAM, which computer would be the best choice for a primarily gaming oriented user? And are there any other choices around this price range that are better than both?

Thank you!

Thank you for your input , Life, but I am trying to make the decision based on facts and opinions and that is quite a short answer. I asked a few questions in my post because I need to discuss them and then decide. Can I ask why you believe the samsung is a better choice, taking into account the upgrades i'm going to make when i get the computer?

Thank you for your input , Life, but I am trying to make the decision based on facts and opinions and that is quite a short answer. I asked a few questions in my post because I need to discuss them and then decide. Can I ask why you believe the samsung is a better choice, taking into account the upgrades i'm going to make when i get the computer?

First off, I edited my first post^^, take a look at that one. Now, for starters, I truly dislike, and almost hate lenovo's. They have a bad history of really bad over heating, they break easily, and even though has more GHZ, is still slower. And with my personal experience Samsung has always come out to be higher grade. I really like Sony vaio's and acer's. Especially more when it comes to gaming. With my research, acer seems to come out as one of the most seeked gaming laptop brands, and same with sony vaio.

Samsung is pretty good, but I would buy the Lenovo. Also I have had some experiences with Acer and I do not like them.'

the i5 is a better processor, and AMD's don't ever run as fast as they are clocked for, IME.

Samsung is pretty good, but I would buy the Lenovo. Also I have had some experiences with Acer and I do not like them.'

the i5 is a better processor, and AMD's don't ever run as fast as they are clocked for, IME.

What??? WHAT???

Back
Top Bottom