Network Share Folder Creation

Mirageboss

Baseband Member
Does anyone know of any script that I could run to setup file structure to create a folder per business day. So for example:

+ January
..+ 4
..+ 7
..+ 8
..+ 9
..+ 10

etc.

Else manual creations here I come.

Last edited:
that creates a new folder on the day, or that creates all folders for the year right now?

Basically the business is open Monday - Friday. The customer wants us to make a folder for each day the business is open (so excluding public holidays).

So sort of what you said,but slightly different just monday-friday dates that we are open.

what I meant is.

do you want a script that you can run today that will create a folder for today.
then when you run it on Monday it'll create a folder for Monday.
then when you run it Tuesday it'll create a folder for Tuesday.

(which means that if there is a day when the shop is closed there won't be an empty folder since it won't ever have been created).

Or do you want a script that runs right now, and attempts to predict working days etc, when public holidays are etc? that'll create you whole year of folders right now?

I don't know how to do this, but I'm going to say this. Wouldn't a script that follows the first method be kind of just like right-clicking>new>folder>name it the day of the week and wouldn't it be easier just to do that.

The second way would be better, if you want them all done now, but you might end up with extra folders - depending on how good the programmer is...:lol:.

EDIT:
I guess in the first method, you could set it up to run on login, so that when the user logs in in the morning, the folder will be created and is there. That might actually be the best way to do it. As long as they don't login more than once during the day.

Back
Top Bottom