Dell Latitude d630 Screen Issues

justykumbusty

Baseband Member
Hello, I have been working on PC`s for a long time, but this is the first time I have seen this issue. The screen is messed up, only working occassionaly and i mean very rarely. This paticular laptop is just being crazy, I have tried removing battery and plug and draining power, on-board video test (with the colors on the screen and they worked fine). As soon as I turn it on, the laptop will have a black screen with 4 vertical lines, then when it boots into the OS (windows xp) it is green (picture posted) any help would be great, I need to return this paticular laptop tomorrow. Please help- thanks Justin

Attachments

• IMG_0663.jpg
    IMG_0663.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 4
Have you?
Hooked it up to an external monitor and checked to see if it is viewable then?
Logged in via VNC (if available)
Checked to make sure all screne connectors are completely connected

There could be something wrong with graphics or the display itself, I would open the screen and check everything and the cables..

thanks for all the replies :) any help is greatly appericated. The weird thing is if i dont touch it for about 2 days, it works perfectly fine- then out of nowhere it just does that to the screen, so i would be thinking it is overheating? Mabye apply thermal paste or something. Also i was wondering if Dell had recalled this product- since i know they have recalled alot of laptops. Like i said- any help is greatly appericated!

Back
Top Bottom